These field trials use digestate to establish energy crops on brownfield sites across England, Scotland and Wales.
They include the establishment and maintenance of short rotation forestry, short rotation coppice and perennial grasses such as miscanthus, reed canary grass, and rye grass. These trials examine the effect on the yield and quality of the harvested crop, as well as the practicalities and cost implications of using digestate for these applications.
- Energy crop trials
- Using digestate to establish biomass grass production on brownfield sites
- Using biofertiliser for established short rotation coppice (SRC) willow
- Using anaerobic digestate to establish reed canary grass energy crops over steel slag
- Applying digestate to existing reed canary grass energy crops on brownfield land to increase yield
- Using digestate to grow perennial grasses on brownfield land
- Soil improvement and soil manufacture
- Sports turf and turf production