This course aims to enable delegates to critically evaluate communication issues and strategies for increasing householder participation in collection schemes and plan, implement and measure the effectiveness of a communication campaign.
To apply please visit the Virtual Learning Environment
Individuals who already have experience of communications but are now seeking to develop an understanding of communications planning to ensure increased efficiency of recycling schemes.
Please note this course is designed for local authority recycling officers who work with internal and external communications and design teams to produce waste and recycling communications. It is NOT aimed at staff who work as part of in-house/external corporate communications and design teams.
We anticipate that you will have three or more years experience in recycling prior to attending this course.
1 day 9:30 -17:00
Masters Level (NVQ equivalent 7)
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of integrating communications & communications planning with the planning & delivery of recycling services;
- establish communication aims and objectives;
- identify and categorise target audiences and evaluate their communication needs;
- establish budget costs for different communications activities;
- plan and implement an effective communication campaign recognising the different requirements for the promotion of new schemes and the maintenance of on-going schemes; and
- critically evaluate the impact of communication campaigns for recycling schemes, using relevant approaches.
Delegate are required to undertake preparation prior to attending the Communications planning course - see course outline for further details.
Work based report
Delegates are required to complete one work-based report - see course outline for further details.
The course and work based report may contribute three ways towards a Graduate's Structured Education & Training Programme or 18 hours towards CPD.
Six months free Affiliate Membership is available to delegates who are not already members of CIWM.
Anglia Ruskin University
Completion of this course is recognised as being equivalent to 5 credits at Higher Education (HE) Level 4 (Qualifications Credit Framework QCF Level 7) by Anglia Ruskin University.
|Fees (per delegate)|
|Local Authority||Non-Local Authority|
|Communications planning||No charge||£350|
All prices exclude VAT.
Discretionary full or partial bursaries may be available for Third Sector bodies providing services to local authorities. Please apply by email to email@example.com
Payment of fees (non Local Authorities)
Registration will only be confirmed if the following payment details have been received:
- Purchase order number; and
- Contact name and address for invoice